Learning Center 2014-2015 Schedule
(Monday – Thursday)
To Volunteer, please contact Jahnitta Lovejoy at (256) 627-7568.
- 3:30 p.m.-Scripture Journal(scripture of the day)
- 4 p.m.-Dinner
- 4:20 – 5:20 p.m. -Tutoring
- 5:20-5:30 p.m.-Tutor/Adult led Devotion(scripture of the day)
The mission of the Inner City Christian Learning Center (ICCLC) is to address the needs of the surrounding community by preparing young students to become future leaders in society.
ICCLC seeks to obtain academic success for students enrolled in the program within the elementary school setting.
ICCLC works closely with teachers and families to develop a personalized plan to adhere to the specific educational needs of each student.
ICCLC also helps students understand the importance of living a Christian life while building self-confidence.
The Inner City Christian Learning Center is making a difference in our community. A diverse group of volunteers from 4:20 to 5:20 p.m. Monday-Thursday are breaking the cycle of poverty by helping keep students 1st-8th Grade in school. This ministry, operated through the Inner City Church of Christ, helps students learn the skills they need to advance in school instead of dropping out.
What We Do
After-school tutoring for grades 1st – 8th.
- To build Christian character in our youth by teaching Christian values
- To equip young learners with the educational skills needed to excel in academic matriculation within the school system.
- Ensure our youth are properly prepared to meet the challenges of success by developing good study habits and completing school work.
- Mentoring our youth to instill belief in themselves and to become leaders.
- To create an environment conducive to learning.